ScribeDoctor.com provides top notch Hepatology Transcription Services. We are serving clients across USA, Canada, UK, Dubai and the rest of the world since 2008. Accurate and Affordable Transcription Services are provided in a Professional manner. All of our existing clients are with us since long. Our approach is to provide ready to sign transcripts to the physicians. This saves a lot of time for them correcting the reports. File upload, viewing, download etc. are done in a safe and secure manner. All the patient data is considered confidential. We also stick with the client’s turn around time (TAT).
We have a feedback mechanism where the doctor will be able to let us know if there were any edits in the transcripts. We then study the edited part to improve the accuracy. Though we have the platform ready to get you started, we can also quickly plugin to your own platform in case you have one.
Hepatology is the branch of medicine that incorporates the study of liver, gallbladder, biliary tree, and pancreas as well as management of their disorders. Although traditionally considered a sub-specialty of gastroenterology, rapid expansion has led in some countries to doctors specializing solely on this area, who are called hepatologists.
Diseases and complications related to viral hepatitis and alcohol are the main reason for seeking specialist advice. More than two billion people have been infected with hepatitis B virus at some point in their life, and approximately 350 million have become persistent carriers. Up to 80% of liver cancers can be attributed to either hepatitis B or hepatitis C virus. In terms of mortality, the former is second only to smoking among known agents causing cancer. With more widespread implementation of vaccination and strict screening before blood transfusion, lower infection rates are expected in the future. In many countries however, overall alcohol consumption is increasing, and consequently the number of people with cirrhosis and other related complications is commensurately increasing.
As for many medical specialties, patients are most likely to be referred by family physicians (i.e., GP) or by physicians from different disciplines. The reasons might be:
- Drug overdose. Paracetamol overdose is common.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding from portal hypertension related to liver damage
- Abnormal blood test suggesting liver disease
- Enzyme defects leading to bigger liver in children commonly named storage disease of liver
- Jaundice / Hepatitis virus positivity in blood, perhaps discovered on screening blood tests
- Ascites or swelling of abdomen from fluid accumulation, commonly due to liver disease but can be from other diseases like heart failure
- All patients with advanced liver disease e.g. cirrhosis should be under specialist care
- To undergo ERCP for diagnosing diseases of biliary tree or their management
- Fever with other features suggestive of infection involving mentioned organs. Some exotic tropical diseases like hydatid cyst, kala-azar or schistosomiasis may be suspected. Microbiologists would be involved as well
- Systemic diseases affecting liver and biliary tree e.g. haemochromatosis
- Follow up of liver transplant
- Pancreatitis – commonly due to alcohol or gallstone
- Cancer of above organs. Usually multi-disciplinary approach is undertaken with involvement of oncologist and other experts.
Transcribing Hepatology dictations accurately and affordably is extremely important. We, at ScribeDoctor, support this cause with our decade long service history and professionalism.
Hepatology Transcription Process:
Contact US/Request a Quote for Hepatology Transcription:
*In case you don’t see a reply from us in 24 hours, kindly email us separately: [email protected]
Contact Us today to have an error-free transcript!!
Want to test our skills first?
If you want us to transcribe a test voice file for you, use the tool below:
Upload dictation securely for medical transcription or simply drag-drop to the box below
1. My files are not getting uploaded. What to do?
Email ([email protected]) us about the problem with an attachment of the file. We will look into it and rectify.
2. What is the cost for medical transcription?
We charge per line. 1 line is 65 characters. We will look into your sample file and mutually agree up on a rate per line. You can be rest assured it will be as per industry standards.
3. Can I record on my phone?
We are afraid it will not have the necessary clarity for us to hear it properly and type it error-free. As this is not an one time task, we request you to use professional recording devices like the Philips speech mike and speak into it clearly and without distraction.