Medicine Dosage errors: Making dosage mistakes in the transcripts can be fatal to the patient and loss of reputation for the provider. Mcg should not become mg. Once daily should not become twice daily. 1 tablet at bedtime should not become 2 tablets at bedtime. It is very important to keep transcripts error free. Best practice is to leave a blank if not sure about something.
Medicine sound alike errors: Equally or more catastrophic would be to change the medicine itself. There are many sound alike drugs. A seasoned transcriptionist would be cautious about such.
Medical abbreviation errors: CA is cancer but RA is rheumatoid arthritis. Doctors can use medical abbreviations a lot and transcriptionists should correlate the disease, symptoms, medications, impression to see that the abbreviations are correctly used.
Doctors may make errors: To err is human, to forgive is divine. But medical errors cannot be forgiven. That’s why the role of a transcriptionist is extremely important for the doctor. They are busy and could make errors unknowingly. So they depend and trust us. Nothing but a crosscheck is what is expected when the dictation goes through the transcriptionist. We flag such errors to doctor to cross check, if found out.
Transcribing your dictations accurately and affordably is extremely important. We, at ScribeDoctor, support this cause with our decade long service history and professionalism.
Our Process to avoid Medical Transcription Errors:
1. Client uploads dictation to us in secure manner via our Transcription Manager platform. If the client has his/her own platform and specifications, then we follow that.
2. We run the voice files through an internally developed voice recognition engine.
3. A transcriptionist called an MT (a Medical Transcriptionist) proofs the report with voice file word to word.
4. Transcriptionist then reads the report without listening to the voice file and re-listens words or phrases that may require a double check.
5. An editor called a TE (Transcription editor) proofs the word file with voice.
6. The TE reads the report without listening to the voice file and re-listens words or phrases that may require a double check.
7. We upload the text files securely to Transcription Manager for the client to download. If the client has his/her own platform and specifications, then we follow that.
8. Feedback, if any, from the client is taken and studied for improvement.
Contact US/Request a Quote
*In case you don’t see a reply from us in 24 hours, kindly email us separately: [email protected]
Contact Us today to have an error-free transcript!!
Want to test our skills first?
If you want us to transcribe a test voice file for you, use the tool below:
Upload dictation securely for medical transcription or simply drag-drop to the box below
1. My files are not getting uploaded. What to do?
Email ([email protected]) us about the problem with an attachment of the file. We will look into it and rectify.
2. What is the cost for medical transcription?
We charge per line. 1 line is 65 characters. We will look into your sample file and mutually agree up on a rate per line. You can be rest assured it will be as per industry standards.
3. Can I record on my phone?
We are afraid it will not have the necessary clarity for us to hear it properly and type it error-free. As this is not an one time task, we request you to use professional recording devices like the Philips speech mike and speak into it clearly and without distraction.